VEBO PVC Whelping Box for Dogs (46cm tall)
Comes in 3 sizes to suit a wide range of dog breeds. This innovative whelping box will make life much easier for you (and your dogs) with handy features such as:
- All plastic (PVC) construction so every single part can be washed in water
- Adjustible door height
- Integrated crush rail to keep the puppies safe
- Commercial grade PVC that is UV stable, tough and durable
- 99% of parts just slides into each other. No tools required.
- Flat packed so you can pull it apart to save space when you don't need it
- At Vebo, we always carry spare parts so you know you will be fine if you ever break a panel or lose a bracket. This product has lots of pieces so you want to ensure you can get spare parts
Do you sell a solid base for it? What should I put on the bottom?
People often tell us the box would be "perfect" if it comes with a sealed solid base. Our opinion is a solid base may be great for cleaning, but it's not the safest setup for whelping. One of the biggest risks with whelping is the mother lying on top of a puppy and killing it. This could happen either when the mother is lying on a pup against the side walls (hence the crush rail around the sides), or a puppy sneaking UNDER the bedding, so the mum accidentally lies on top and crushing it. With a sealed hard base, a bed will have to sit inside the box with all the edges exposed, so it is harder to prevent puppies from sneaking under it.
So we believe the safest way to lay the bottom is:
- Firstly lay something waterproof, like a piece of plastic sheet, tarp or vinyl flooring. If you are going to use the whelping box more than once, we recommend using vinyl flooring. They only cost around $20 a metre at Bunnings (the rolls are usually 2m wide). They sit smooth and flush on the floor, will not move or slide around, are very durable and very easy to clean. Cut the piece a bit larger than the box, have at least 10cm overhang on each side.
- Secondly, place your vet bedding on top of waterproof layer. The bedding should also be a couple centremetres bigger than the box (all our whelping box bedding are cut this way, so you won't have to order a size up), so the weight of the whelping box will hold down the sides of the bedding and all the edges are OUTSIDE of the whelping box. Puppies will not be able to sneak under the bed this way. If you are using an electric heat pad, it should be placed under the vet bedding so the puppies cannot chew on it. Finally the actual whelping box goes on top of everything.
Small - 108cm (L) x 108cm (W) x 46cm (H)
Medium - 128cm (L) x 128cm (W) x 46cm (H)
Large - 158cm (L) x 158cm (W) x 46cm (H)
*For internal dimensions, please deduct approx 8cm from length and width
To work out which length you require, add the full length of your dog plus 40cm. Depending on the thickness of the bedding you use, you may need to lower the height of the crush rails if the mum is able to fit underneath them.
The following is a quick demonstration of how the folding mechanism works (Please note playpen shown in the video is sold seperately)
Long lasting and easy to set up/useBy: Dachshund House on 19 February 2024We have been using the small and large whelping boxes and extension kits for a while. Our dealings with the Vebo team have been fantastic. Quick responses and easy pick up arrangements. These products are long lasting and easy to set up/use. We also use the 1200g and 1600g vet bedding. The quality is excellent and is fit to size for the whelping boxes. We couldn't be happier with these products and highly recommend to other breeders. Dachshund House
Very happy with quality and easy to put togetherBy: Shasa Carthew on 25 January 2024Fantastic customer service, my order arrived super quickly and I’m very happy with the quality of my new whelping box (and how easy it was to put together!)
Great price and communicationBy: Hayley Daniel on 16 January 2024They not only had exactly what i wanted, they had it at the best price I could find including shipping. Communication was a 10/10 and then it was at my front door.
Outstanding delivery and customer supportBy: Christine Cook on 20 December 2023Sending ALL THE TEAM a huge Thankyou for sending me the whelping box in record time ! I seriously did not think I'd receive this until after Christmas! My dog is due to have her puppies early January. You have reduced my stress level now knowing she has a beautiful area to care for her puppies. I also have a fantastic VEBO crate and white wooden cover so that it blends in with my lounge. Thankyou for the outstanding delivery and customer support.
easy to put togetherBy: Karynda Devlin on 11 December 2023We order a whelping box in preparation for our first time at breeding puppies. The website was easy to navigate and ordering process was great. It arrived very quickly. Very easy to put together and very good quality. Would definitely recommend Vebo Pet Supplies.